The circular economy is an enduring theme at Science Park Borås. This means that all activities conducted within the sphere of the science park feature in circular loops rather than linear processes.
The concept of a “circular economy” is inspired by nature’s own cycles. The aim is for waste not to exist because it is viewed instead as a raw material. Therefore products are designed to be easy to recycle. Biological material must be compostable, while other material is designed to enable reuse and the recovery of material and energy, in that order.
Science Park Borås is creating a circular economy by:
– employing business models linked to circularity
– restoring materials and processes
– creating structures for circular flows
– eliminating substances harmful to the environment
– designing products so that they can be broken down into their constituent materials.